VacationCake LLC Rental Policies
After making a booking, guests receive an online “click-thru” version of these policies, which acts as our binding rental agreement with each guest. Each property has individual stipulations that can vary slightly.
Thank you for choosing one of our properties for your stay. We strive to earn your return business and will do everything we can to make your stay enjoyable. Welcome to our neighborhood!
Feel free to CONTACT US for more information.
- CHECK-IN TIME is after 4:00 p.m. CHECK OUT is 11:00AM. We do our best to accommodate early arrival and late departure but can't guarantee it. Door code combo will be provided upon final payment. Let us know what time you will arrive and we will have the A/C and front porch light on as needed.
- SIMPLE PAYMENT POLICY–For bookings made longer than 14 days prior to the check in date, 1/2 of the balance to be paid upon reservation by credit card. Remaining balance to be charged to credit card on file within a week prior to check-in. Other arrangements considered upon request. Payment of the first half of rental amount for the rental period as indicated will secure this reservation. These dates are NOT marked “Reserved” on the calendar until initial payment is received. Bookings made closer than 14 days prior to the check in date must be paid in full at the time of booking.
LONGTERM RENTAL POLICY – For stays of 28 nights or longer, we require one of the following: Refundable deposit of $500 per bedroom (maximum of $1,500 deposit), a mandatory additional cleaning every two weeks (fees apply), or a mandatory walkthrough by a VacationCake representative (with the renting guest present) prior to check-out.
CANCELLATION POLICY – ALL NOTICES OF CANCELLATION are necessarily taken as official cancellations. Whether verbal or in writing, there are no circumstantial or partial cancellations. After 4 hours of cancellation, you can only reclaim your reservation if it is not otherwise occupied (as defined herein below), if not within the 30 or 90 day limitations (defined herein below), and if your money has not been refunded. For same-day reservations, cancellation is considered effective immediately.
You can cancel outside of 30 days prior to your arrival date and receive a FULL 100% refund of your reservation deposit. If you cancel inside 30 days, you will be refunded 25% of your reservation amount. Once we have charged your full balance on the second monday prior to your arrival you are responsible for the full amount should you cancel. HOWEVER, if we are able to rebook the dates, all funds will be returned in full (less a processing fee), or on a prorated basis depending on the number of nights you booked that were able to re-book.
***If you are booked during SXSW, ACL fest or F-1 races (also referred to herein as “Special Event” or “Special Events”), you must cancel prior to 90 days of your scheduled check-in date in order to receive a full refund. Within 90 days of your scheduled Special Event check-in date, you will be responsible for the entire reservation amount unless we are able to re-book the cancelled home for those dates, in which case you are entitled to a refund (processing and/or other fees may apply).***
Reservations are non-transferrable. The commodity being reserved by our guests is a specified time and location. Said time and location, having been off limits to others for use by said guest, are therefore subject to the refund policies and limitation outlined herein, and cannot be transferred to a different time and/or place without placing a new, other reservation.
Although our priority is often to try to rebook a cancelled property, we cannot guarantee a refund of any kind for cancellations not meeting the above outlined refund criteria. After such a cancellation, we reserve the right to use this home for other purposes, including but not limited to: charitable causes, repurposing for an upgraded or displaced guest, owner use, and/or use by family and friends of owners or managers).
***UNEXPECTED TRAVEL DELAYS - we cannot offer refunds due to last-minute weather or medical related travel delays. We recommend purchasing trip insurance if there are any concerns. If we are able to rebook we will certainly do our best to get you as much money back as possible.
- SECURITY DEPOSIT – When booking directly with VacationCake: We will hold your credit card information until check-out. No damage charges will be made provided no damage is done to the condo or its contents beyond normal wear and tear, there is no excess mess or negligence and all keys are returned upon check out. Excessive/reasonable neighbor complaints and/or fines due to disturbances caused by you or your group can also be considered damage (see #8 below). Credit card information is usually encrypted, and will be destroyed within 2 days of your departure. We also reserve the right to run an authorization on your card and collect a copy of your valid drivers license upon check-in.
- LOST AND FOUND – Should you leave personal effects behind after you check-out, we are happy to collect and mail them to you at your expense. If you think you left something, please alert us right away so we can have our cleaning staff keep a close eye out for it. We will use your credit card on file to reimburse VacationCake LLC for shipping costs plus 3% for credit card fees unless other arrangements are made.
- PET POLICY – We welcome your pets (sorry, no cats), with an extra cleaning fee, as long as they stay off the furniture and are kept in a kennel or in the kitchen with a gate when you aren’t with them.
- NOISE/PARTY POLICY – This a residential neighborhood and the city has a noise curfew of 10pm which they’re pretty serious about. Please be respectful of the neighbors. Complaints jeopardize our ability to do business in this location. We reserve the right to impose penalties including possible fees and even eviction without refund for serious violations.
- FORMAL AGREEMENT AND WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – This agreement is binding and non-assignable to third parties. No agreements, verbal or otherwise shall be honored or deemed valid unless a formal amendment to this contract is made and signed by both parties. Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
- LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION – All VacationCake LLC Rental properties are privately owned. All Rental Properties are managed by VacationCake LLC and we are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while you are on the premises. Nor are we responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables. It is understood that all guests (registered or not) are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the property. Neither VacationCake LLC, nor the rented property owners, will assume liability for (1) any personal property or equipment of Renter or Renter’s guests or invitees, or (2) any injury to Renter or Renter’s guests or invitees brought to the rented property. Renter hereby indemnifies, defends, and holds harmless the rental property owners, agents, or successors-in-interest from any claims, actions, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses arising out of the rental of the rental property. Renter assumes all risk and waives all claims he/she may have against the rented property owners, agents, or successors-in-interest for damage to or loss of property (including theft) or injury to persons within or about the rented property arising out of (3) Renter’s use of the Facility; or (4) Renter’s breach of its obligations under this Agreement, except for such damage, loss, or injury caused by the gross negligence of rented property owners, agents, or successors-in-interest. SUCH ASSUMPTION AND WAIVER SHALL INCLUDE AN OBLIGATION ON RENTER’S PART TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RENTED PROPERTY OWNERS, AGENTS, AND SUCCESSORS-IN-INTEREST FROM AND AGAINST ALL COST AND EXPENSES, CLAIMS AND LIABILITIES ARISING FROM SUCH DAMAGE, LOSS, OR INJURY, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES AND COST, WHICH OBLIGATION SHALL SURVIVE THE EXPIRATION OR EARLIER TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT.